We're Here! We're Here!

July 26, 2012

Sorry about the long absence.  I didn't really mean to do that, but then I got extra busy with life.  I spent the first half of June packing for our move and a trip, the second half on that trip, and all of July unpacking.  Why does it take so long to get settled in a new place?  As much as I dislike the packing, moving, and unpacking, it is AWESOME to be in our new place.  There are some parts that are sketchy, mostly in the kitchen and bathroom, but when you are living in the student life with three kids, you just can't have it all.  We have tons more space than in our last apartment and it feels so good to spread out a little.  Remember what my living room/everything room used to look like?  Well, now we have a dedicated play room, and I can't say enough how much I love it.  The kids love it too.  And if it's a mess, I need only close the door and I don't have to look at it.  It's so dreamy!



Yesterday marked the first time I have used my sewing machine in months (sorry folks, only boring mending of my garment bag that ripped along the edges during our move), but I'm itching to do some real sewing.  Our new arrangement has all my fabric, notions, and my machine in our dining room, and I'm excited about it.  In our last apartment I sewed in our dark unfinished basement.  There were some good things about that - I could leave out my projects - but it was hard to work on things while my kids were awake and I didn't like being down there at night or in the winter.  The dining room promises more light, and I think it will be easier to work on things throughout the day. 

We are still getting things set up in our place, but I am excited to show you little pieces as we get them finished.  The playroom was first on my list, and other than hanging two paintings on the wall, it is more or less done.  The living room is also close.  It's been fun to think about how to arrange our furniture and set things up.  We are living on the bottom floor of a huge multi-family home, and it's over 100 years old.  This means the basement is very scary and basementy, but the ceilings are also taller, there are lots of windows, beautiful wooden doors with glass knobs, and wide trim around everything.  Emily also lives in a 100 year old house right now.  It's so fun to live in a place with so much charm!
 

2 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...