Handmade Gifts this Christmas

December 31, 2011

I'm still recovering from my awesome, but too short Christmas holidays.

While most of the gifts given and received were the store bought variety, there were a few great handmade presents that I wanted to tell you about. 

Gingerbread Playdough


I found the gingerbread playdough recipe here.  This stuff smells so amazing.  We made a few batches and divided it up into little baggies to give to cousins and special friends.

Pancake Mix


My husband's aunt gave us a pancake mix that contains wheat, oats, barley, rye and brown flour.  Yum!  We had it for supper the other day.

Baby Doll and Clothes


Because my older daughter loves her baby doll so much, I thought that it was time for my younger daughter to have a baby doll of her own.  We already had so many baby dolls at our house, so I thought it would be silly to buy another one.  Instead, I had my older one choose one of her babies to give to her little sister.  We completed the gift by making a little pyjama dress for the doll recycled from a shirt with a hole in it.

Puzzle Set


My brother and his wife gave our girls a fun little set of puzzles on popsicle sticks.  The pictures are all church themed, so it will be a great quiet toy to play with in church.

Quilted Purse


My mother-in-law made my daughter and some of her same aged cousins little quilted purses.  This gift is adored.  My daughter carries it around the house, and reorganizes her purse constantly.  

Toy Bag


I gave my daughter a set of see and spell letters.  The set is great, but the container it came in does not hold all of the pieces very well.  To keep everything together, I whipped up a little bag similar in design to my advent bags.

There were, of course, a lot of non-handmade presents given too.  (Like the awesome laminator that I got.  Anyone need something plasticized?)  I think, though, that handmade gifts really have a special touch.  What were some of the great handmade presents that made it into your Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...