This Old House

November 3, 2011


We recently moved into my husband's Aunt and Uncle's house.  We will house-sit here for almost 2 years while they are on a mission for our church.  The house is amazing, and I am feeling so lucky to live here.  It is just oozing with charm.  Let me show you a bit of it. 



The house was built in 1913 - that makes it 98 years old! 


The fireplace is a Rumford style fireplace.  It is tall and shallow which is meant to give off more heat.


I love all of the wood and neat details throughout the house. 


The house has radiant heat.  There are radiators throughout the house (this one mid-way up the stairs).  I love the detail work even on the radiators.


The bathroom has orginal fixtures.  I love this big bathtub, and the wooden toliet tank is really cool.

Living in this house is very inspiring.  It also has been showing me that when things are made well, and taken care of, they can last a long time.  I think my Grandmother Mary Frances would approve.

1 comment:

Carlee said...

I'm totally jealous Emily. All that space, and all that charm is almost too much for me. Someday...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...